Sunday, April 4, 2010

risen

the path to the cross
na křížové cestě

řimov, česká republika






Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane


that we would be alert and not fall asleep


that we would understand the gravity of his words







Jesus falls under the weight of the cross


he carried the cross so that I might live


there is no need for me to fall again and again under sin


I can walk on the path in freedom




(side note: this year all of the statues on the path to the cross were stolen by an Austrian gang. Now only pictures remain to remind us what was once there.)







Jesus is crucified



in the midst of the darkness of our sin



behind the foreboding sky



hope waits








Jesus is risen

an empty tomb

a vessel of death no longer reeking

it has no power anymore

with a grateful heart I thank Him for doing what I could not

No comments:

Post a Comment