Tuesday, June 8, 2010



daybook



june 8







Outside my window...sunshine, heat and nature exploding around us in a deafening cacophany.


 
From the kitchen....coconut cupcakes with chocolate frosting to celebrate my friend Fiana's birthday.
 
I am wearing...denim capris and a ballet pink tank top, patent leather ankle strap wedges with big roses on the toes and a gunmetal and abalone shell necklace.

 

Pondering these words...

Nebuchadnezzar said, "Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego! He sent his angel and rescued his servants who trusted in him! They ignored the king's orders and laid their bodies on the line rather than serve or worship any god but their own...there has never been a god who can pull off a rescue like this."

Daniel 3:28, 29

I consider the many ways God has rescued me and how much more I need His rescuing.


I am thankful for...living in a village with the 2nd most visited castle in the country. The town caters to tourists and we benefit from it as we have a beautiful swimming pool, gorgeous museum and a spa opening this month with a gym and plastic surgery center...WHA? Come visit us and get liposuction...why not?...ha ha

 
I'm going...nuts at work. School here lasts far too long into the summer. The kids all have ants in their pants and the teachers are walking around like zombie husks, groaning....UUUHHHHH...UNGGHHHH!!!
Countdown to summer holiday: 23 days
 

I am reading...Heroes: History's Greatest Men and Women by Simon Sebag Montefiore.

 
I am hearing...super loud birdsong. It is like one of those nature CDs turned up to 11.
 

Around the house...someone needs to clean this floor! After a weekend of gardening and sprinklers and poolside frolicking, our floor has taken a beating. It is a race of procrastination. We have guests today...who will be the first to clean the floor?


I am hoping...I am thankful for...a few days of sun in a row...I got to lay out in my bikini!!


A few plans for the rest of the week: swimming pool...water slide...hot dogs...slushies...

 
A picture thought I am sharing:

Where we will be every day this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment