Friday, January 14, 2011

daybook

january 12

 

outside my window...while the rest of the known world is getting snowed on, jungles, deserts etc...the Czech Republic is having a weird heat wave. All of the snow has melted, leaving a brown mushy mud-like coating on everything. There is a constant damp drizzle and fog. I would rather have snow, please.


I'm listening to...my husband and his doppelganger, Roxie, snoring together in bed. She wormed her way in around 4 this morning due to a nightmare and I was summarily shoved off to one side, wedged between the mattress and the wall to continue my beauty sleep. Luckily, I get up at 5:30 anyway.

I'm wearing...black leggings, a long royal blue sweater with a black cinch belt ("just cinch it!"), black ankle boots and dangly black earrngs. The 80's are comin' back, baby!

I'm pondering...Isaiah 52:15
Nations all over the world will be in awe, taken aback,
   kings shocked into silence when they see him.
For what was unheard of they'll see with their own eyes,
   what was unthinkable they'll have right before them.

I am reading..."Ancestor", one of my many zombie-type books with which I was gifted for Christmas

from the kitchen...nothing. I work long hours during the week and when we get home at 6pm I am so tired I don't feel like cooking. We also eat a pretty spectacular lunch at school so a sandwich, orange and chips suffice for dinner.


I am creating...an atmosphere of gratitude and an attitude of joy. I have decided that it isn't too late to live each day to the fullest.

towards rhythm and beauty...the girls and I just started a daily devotional book that will last the entire year. Each morning we meet around the table to pray and recite our memory verse and read from the book.

I am hoping and praying...for a miracle.

around the house...a new garbage can. Dan spent hours researching them online and felt a little like a crazy old man for how excited he got over them. I have to admit the way it opens with a touch of your finger is pretty cool. But not exciting. Sorry, Dan. 

one of my favourite things...a few moments to myself.

a few plans for the rest of the week...report cards, make doctor and dentist appointments, go to the tailor (I lost some weight over Christmas), take the girls and their friends to the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment