Tuesday, January 25, 2011

daybook

january 25 
outside my window...well, last week I asked for snow and we got it in the form of a couple of blizzards. Now we have snow to spare...my car looks like a white iced cupcake. I am sure it is under there somewhere. I like the idea that I have to take a broom to my car before I can go anywhere.


I'm listening to... these auto-tuned wonders of genius over and over in my head. Can't. Get. Them. Out. Of. My. Head.








I'm wearing...black Audrey Hepburnesque pants with a berry fitted v-neck sweater and black ballet flats. Silver bangles and hoop earrings.



I'm pondering...
"O my child, give me your heart. May your eyes take delight in following my ways." Proverbs 23:26
I have been in prayer recently about the war raging within me to continue on the luke warm path on which I have set myself, the wider path, the less vigorous path, the comfortable path, or to follow my Rabbi on His path. To leave behind what I thought was mine but never was, what I thought was good but wasn't, to listen intently (meaning: shut up), to take time to spend and time to learn.

I am reading..."Zombie Apocalypse", created by Stephen Jones but which boasts 20 authors as it is a compilation of fictitious emails, tweets, diary entries, proper government memos, autopsy reports etc. reporting the demise of our society and the rise of the zombies. It is a compelling and innovative read. I think I am in need of some uplifting books after this zombie streak I have been on.

from the kitchen...spectacular chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips sandwiched together with Nutella. YUMMY!!!


I am creating...an atmosphere of gratitude and an attitude of joy. I have decided that it isn't too late to live each day to the fullest.


towards rhythm and beauty...the girls and I just started a daily devotional book that will last the entire year. Each morning we meet around the table to pray and recite our memory verse and read from the book.


I am hoping and praying...for wisdom and patience and flexibility and love. By this it will be clear to all men that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another. John 13:35


around the house...a dirty floor. I was sick this weekend and was basically laying on the couch in my pyjamas. Now it is back to the grind and I work late the next few days and don't have time, energy or motivation to do a full sweep mop and vacuum of all the floors. So I am letting this one go....



one of my favourite things...drinking tea (Das Geshund Plus!) surrounded by candles, cuddled on the couch with my husband playing through Baldur's Gate again...I am the Level 10 Human Cleric with +4 Firestorm. We are eagerly awaiting the much rumored co-op RPG due this spring...it's been a long time. Also, Portal 2 is due out in April...the cake is a lie...


a few plans for the rest of the week...eating dinner as a family at Townshend tonight after working late, making dentist appointments (c'mon, Krista! Get on it already!!!),Prayer meeting on Friday, date with Danny on Thursday, and luxurious amounts of sleeping in on Saturday. Oh and I'll clean the floors. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment