Tuesday, March 1, 2011

daybook

march 1

outside my window... the promise of spring? An entire week predicted of sunshine and above freezing temperatures. Yesterday we walked to the store wearing only light jackets and enjoying the breeze on our face and the warm sun on our skin. Though there is an underlying chill reminding you that the world is still frozen to the core.



I'm listening to...children moving around sleepily in bed. I want them to get up, but it takes awhile. The tea I have prepared (fresh orange flavour) is steaming hot on their desk. I am about to turn the light on and sing or do something else annoying.
   
I'm wearing...a hot pink fuzzy sweater, black pants and ballet flats which channel Audrey Hepburn.

I'm pondering...  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.  Matthew 22:38-40




I am reading...(re-reading) "Under the Dome" by Stephen King. Good book, amazing, long story...crummy ending (in my estimation) but still worth the read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Dome



from the kitchen...not my kitchen but my friend Anna's. Poppy seed bars with chocolate frosting. YUMMY. Every time she comes to visit she brings a freshly baked treat. I love Anna.

I am creating...a grocery store...The post office was a big hit. Alas, today I am dismantling it and putting up a grocery store. I am looking forward to seeing their faces on Wednesday morning as they take in the new shop in our room. There will be food stuffs to "buy", money, cash register etc... It will be a great opportunity to practice simple addition, decision making skills, the value of money and the virtue of serving others.

towards rhythm and beauty...Lent begins in a week. I will spend some time preparing our Lent devotions as we prepare for this most important of seasons in our faith. Our prayer for the next couple of days is asking what God wants us to change or give up during Lent to draw us nearer to Him.
Our memory verse this week...
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I am hoping...for wisdom in parenting.
  
I am praying...for the strength to change. Lent is coming, the time of Bright Sadness. A time to feel the heaviness of our human condition and long to be forever changed.
around the house...maybe our dishwasher will get fixed today. Although I must say that it has been fun to plug the ipod into the speaker and play some music while the girls and I wash dishes. Kind of simple, cool quality time.

one of my favourite things...date days with the girls. Saturday we took just Rebekah out for a shopping trip and to McDonald's. It was awesome to just be the three of us and chit chatting with Rebekah in the restaurant as we were eating lunch. This Saturday we are taking Roxie to a Dino exposition and out to eat. She is over the moon about it.
a few plans for the rest of the week...a shopping trip to buy Roxie a swimsuit as they have just started to go to the pool in the city for P.E. A date to walk along the Malše river with Dan. Parent's night with the other parents of the members of Junior Youth Club of which Rebekah is one.Dinosaur Expo with Roxie on Saturday. Bible study and, of course,following Bible study our date to Makro.

a picture thought...
ring around the rosy with pre-school and kindergarten...alot of the kids were sick...

1 comment:

  1. The children are so cute - hope they liked the grocery store today.
    Channeling Audrey Hepburn is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete