Monday, October 24, 2011

life in this republic


 going to the gym: part deux

So, Ladies' Man is flopping around happily in the jacuzzi. I sigh and make my way out of the pool. I'm cold. I need to be in the jacuzzi to warm up. I put my plush white RRC robe on and drape myself forlornly on one of the lounge chairs. Ladies' Man looks happy in the jacuzzi. Why shouldn't he be? It's warm in there with hundreds of massaging bubbles. Dan asks me if I want to wait a bit longer to see if Ladies' Man will soon get out of the hot tub. Sure, we have nothing but time and this robe is super cozy.

Watching Ladies' Man and willing him out of the hot tub, I notice that his behaviour is unusual. Where is a policeman when you need one? Oh, right, it's still Mushroom Season. Ladies' Man is sucking up the hot tub water and noisily spitting it into the pool. Gross! He does it 1...2...3...4...yep 5 times, folks. Then he reaches for his nose and blows his nose repeatedly into the jacuzzi water. One nostril at a time, several times each. He is thorough if nothing else. Then he looks around him and gets out of the water. Even he doesn't want to be in there anymore.

Needless to say, I am not following that act into the hot tub.

Thanks, Ladies' Man.

Time spent in pool: 30 minutes
Time spent in jacuzzi: 0 minutes

                                                                                                                                                                                                               
RRC restaurant
After showering and changing, we finished off our date by checking out the restaurant for the first time. They have an October special with beef tongue on lettuce and some assorted swanky pates, but I was excited about the cheapest item on the menu, pumpkin soup with tyrolean bacon. YUM.

We sat down and ordered a bowl of soup each and the waiter brought us a basket of bread and our own personal butter cozies! Free bread, the ubiquitous American Bread Basket is unheard of here. You want bread? Order it. Thirsty? Want water? Order it. The soup was superbly prepared and presented and we devoured every drop of soup and every morsel of bread. 

It was an awesome date. Every moment alone with Dan is valuable. And the fodder for my blog is priceless.

Maybe the jacuzzi and saunas will be available next time for my enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment