Monday, April 23, 2012

life in this republic




kindergarten crush


He thought it would be this grand romantic gesture. I don't know how long he planned it, but I could see it coming from a mile away. Miki had been making googly eyes at me for weeks. He's 5 years old and already a ladies' man. Very often I will be walking around my classroom and suddenly feel someone leaning up against me. Looking down I see two big brown eyes gazing up at me. These eyes most definitely have hearts in them.


His first attempt at a romantic gesture was a pat on my bum as I walked by. He ended up in the naughty chair for that one.


Rethinking his strategy, he made his next move a few weeks ago in the cafeteria. While busy cutting up the chicken on Miki's plate, I noticed a strange sensation on my arm. I look down to see Miki licking my elbow as if this is the greatest pickup idea ever.


No longer will single women have to endure such timeworn pickup lines as "What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" nor "If I said that you had a great body would you hold it against me?" No more, ladies, will you have to listen to gems such as these. Miki has come and turned the world of romance on its heels.


"Excuse me, sir! Please refrain from licking my elbow and eat your soup!"


Miki looked crushed.


Sorry, little dude.

2 comments:

  1. Aw. The thing that is amazing? He will remember you for the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete