Wednesday, January 9, 2013



life in this republic
karlsruhe

Tomorrow the girls and I are getting on a train for a five hour journey to see our cousins in Germany. They live in Karlsruhe near the French border, so we must cross the whole of Germany to see them.

We are so looking forward to hanging out for a long weekend, playing games, going out for coffee and chatting. The girls love each other. Rebekah's counterpart is Sarah, also 15 years old. Roxie's other half is Anna, who just turned 12. The girls are very similar to their counterparts and have an awesome time together. I love hanging out with Danny's cousin, Chris, and his wife, Julie.

Danny can't make it this trip as the plague had him basically in bed for 3 weeks and he must get prepared for school which starts Monday. He will be having a bachelor weekend. I told him that all I care about is a clean house when I get home. I just finished cleaning it right now to give him a head start.

I'm a bit nervous about transferring trains as I am severely disabled when it comes to navigating any type of transportation or travelling. As long as I don't panic and have my German phrase book handy...

1 comment: