Sunday, June 6, 2010

invitation to a changed life
molting

I feel like a new woman. The sun is shining. Yesterday, I was in my garden, the forest and at our community pool with my family almost the whole day. Bikini...all day. Sunburn....ouch. On our walk through the forest Danny commented that I had shed my grumpy Krista winter skin and I was freshly scrubbed and cheerful summer Krista. Sunshine does that to me. It is akin to solar batteries needing to be recharged. The recharging brings more energy, joy and a clearer head.
  
This morning I was thinking about Danny's remark and it came upon me that our sin is like a death bag around us, like a dead skin draped over us and we can be found hiding within, growing more morose and hopeless with the passing of time. But just when we think this winter in our lives will never cease, Jesus is before us and the death bag is stripped away, the skin that has suffocated us for so long to the point where we have forgotton that there ever was joy, is removed and we are scrubbed clean, sparkling and new, reflecting His radiance. Then we can walk in sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment