Sunday, June 6, 2010

life in this republic
girls' night out

Do you know who these women are? Neither did I...until two days ago. Friday night I went out with my dear friend Fiana, and two new friends, Sothie and Trine. Playing at the theater was Sex and the City 2...a movie I would never have seen, but I would do anything for Fiana, so I went...to be with my friend. Some of the ladies enjoyed watching my expressions almost as much as they enjoyed watching the film. I would classify these expressions as "jaw dropped in shock" and "disbelieving face scrunch". The cool thing was that we were together...just us girls. And I was wearing my favourite bright yellow patent leather strappy shoes with 5 inch clear acrylic heels (purchased here in CZ on sale for $7 because no one else here is crazy enough to wear them). They are out of control!

After the movie we went to our favourite Indian restaurant to treat Fiana for her birthday. I was reminded of every bad joke in the book...An American (me), a Malay (Sothie), a Dane (Trine) and an Indonesian (Fiana) walk into an Indian restaurant...

We had such a fun and relaxing dinner. Two hours of chit chat about family, jobs, living in a foreign country, friendship. I don't go out very often, I work alot and ususally want to hang out with my family in the evenings and be a wife and mom, two roles that I love in my life. But I found it really refreshing just to be Krista on Friday night.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got some "me" time. I love that show by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete