Thursday, December 23, 2010

prepared hearts

light of the world
Wrapping presents, decorating the Christmas tree, gathering around the advent wreath,singing songs of praise to the MOst High, praying on our knees...but then what? As much as we have received from Him, as we are empty vessels filled by His love, we must pour out on to others so we may be filled again and not go stagnant. Easily done to care only for myself and my redemption, but a waste to not share the love which I have so generously received.

"In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."
James 2:17

The simplicity of these acts of kindness, of love, of beauty is lost on me when I am focused on myself and my agenda. Oh, those of you who know me know that I have an agenda. True faith and my aganda are incompatible.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment