Tuesday, January 4, 2011

daybook

january 4

outside my window...10 below zero, sunny quiet, glittery as the sun refelsts on the snow.

I'm listening to...the postlady's boots crunching in the snow. The metallic clanging of the mailbox flaps as she pushes the mail in.

I'm wearing...white jeans, a dusty blue and grey striped cowl neck short-sleeved sweater, low slung grey suede belt and grey suede wedges.

I'm pondering... Amos 5:7-9
"Raw Truth Is Never Popular"
 Woe to you who turn justice to vinegar
   and stomp righteousness into the mud.
Do you realize where you are?
You're in a cosmos star-flung with constellations by God,
A world God wakes up each morning
   and puts to bed each night.
God dips water from the ocean
   and gives the land a drink.
   God, God-revealed, does all this.
And he can destroy it as easily as make it.
   He can turn this vast wonder into total waste.

I am reading..."Fruits Basket Cat" fan manga
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruits_Basket

from the kitchen...more gingerbread men. Today we will be rolling out a batch of them for the guests we will have for lunch tomorrow. See this post for an easy lunch buffet
http://alifenarrated.blogspot.com/2010/12/few-of-my-favourite-things_23.html

I am creating...an atmosphere of gratitude and an attitude of joy. I have decided that it isn't too late to live each day to the fullest.

towards rhythm and beauty...the girls and I just started a daily devotional book that will last the entire year. Each morning we meet around the table to pray and recite our memory verse and read from the book.

I am hoping and praying...for a miracle.

around the house...pine needles. Lots of them. Maybe it's time to put the tree outside.

one of my favourite things...hiking in the snowy cold forest with my husband. The crunching is so loud sometimes we can't hear each other. And often I am taken by surprise at how deep the snow is when I step in up to my calf on what had previously been flat hard snow.

a few plans for the rest of the week...start gearing up for work, go into the office and do a few things, pressure the girls to study for exams they have coming up after the break, put away all of the Christmas decorations, clean and organize the attic

picture thought...

a reminder to myself to walk so closely to my Lord as to be covered in His dust...

No comments:

Post a Comment