Monday, January 31, 2011

hodgepodge

simplicity

I make things harder than they are. I honestly don't know why. I guess I analyze and deconstruct things until they are in laying in pieces before me and the process of putting them together again leaves me feeling incapable and overwhelmed. This characteristic of mine disturbs my spiritual walk most starkly leaving me feeling like I can't do it anymore. Tired. Frustrated. Empty. Friday night we gathered with our study group for our prayer night. We were a small group as everyone was sick or skiing or something, but it was relaxing and intimate. We went around the group each telling what was going on in his or her life and what needs he or she had requiring prayer. After each had spoken we stopped and all of us prayed to the Most Holy God, the One who hears. Woven within my husband's precious prayer, was the word simple. This word as related to the foundation of our faith...the simplicity that if we believe in Him we are saved.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
John 11:25

simple...not my strength, but His...not my works, but His...not my righteousness, but His..not my will, but His...

No comments:

Post a Comment